Molly fry question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well good new y'all I convinced my mom to let me use a old rubber made container to make a breeding box out of so my fry are not eaten. And I also convinced her to let me set up my 1 gallon fish bowl as a recovery tank for the mother so she doesn't have to be out with the others right after birthing. Which is where the ghost shrimp will be so they don't harm the fry. Let me know what y'all think of this plan.

Well good new y'all I convinced my mom to let me use a old rubber made container to make a breeding box out of so my fry are not eaten. And I also convinced her to let me set up my 1 gallon fish bowl as a recovery tank for the mother so she doesn't have to be out with the others right after birthing. Which is where the ghost shrimp will be so they don't harm the fry. Let me know what y'all think of this plan.
Perfect!!!

Sorry I'm going to make sure I separate them so this doesn't happen.

Ok guys one more question well my molly has yet to birth yet so I was wondering if I should put her in the main tank during the day. And when I feed the fish take her out after she has eaten and put her in the isolation tank. At night. Any ideas on this

Ok guys one more question well my molly has yet to birth yet so I was wondering if I should put her in the main tank during the day. And when I feed the fish take her out after she has eaten and put her in the isolation tank. At night. Any ideas on this
No, I don't think it's a good idea. Continuously moving her will stress her and she might abort. she needs to feel safe and secure to give birth. That is why some hold off on the birth for more than the usual 30 days....

Not to sound like a murder or anything but just to tell you this right now i would recommen letting some get eaten wjeb the molly does give birth because with my experience im only 13 and i already had to get a 55 gallon fish tank cuz of them ....i started out with three mollys and 2were pregnabt and maybe 2days after they gave birth and i spent my whole day catching fry and putting them in the breeding box altogrther they had about 45 fry ,it was crazy i liked them alot and i still do its just thats theres only so much room i can have for them i have away a bunch and now i have about 15 left but i wouldnt recommend anyone getting these fish because your going to end up spending alot of money for them and you wont have alot of extra room for different fish besides that there nice fun fish

Oh yes I know once I get all I need an cant sell allot then ill just leave them to be eaten in the tank.

Sorry I have not been on in a while. I wouldn't transport the mother anywhere just keep her where she is and transport the babies to where they are going. Well done on thinking out that plan I could have never come up with that in that situation. But anyway again good luck!

Have you had your fry yet? Also xan you post pix of this homemade breederbox? I was thinking about doung something similar

Well I whent ahead and bought a breeder box and yes I'll post a picture.

image-1592899268.jpg

image-2642411269.jpg

image-2386838443.jpg

And you will need another container the same size to put under it so the fry can be caught.

Im glad that everything worked out so you at least had something to put her in during labor :)

Back
Top Bottom