Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Molly gave birth last night need advice

Woke up this morning to find molly fry in tank, i have put them in a breeder box that fits to the inside of the tank with suction pads, decided against putting the mother in there to give birth as did not want to stress her, i have managed to net 17 fry and am sure there are no more, they seem ok for now and some of them have taken fine crushed flake. How long can i keep them in the breeder box ? Will they be ok in there for now ? I may have an option to give them to a local pet shop if they will take them, not really sure about what is the best course of action as this is my first experience of fish giving birth so any advice of the experts will be most welcome thanks

Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

They will be fine in there. Just wait until they are at least a centimeter, or bigger. Just big enough so the other fish JN the tank won't eat them. Just crush up flake food into powder, or buy some special fry food. I crush up flake for the morning and after noon, and feed them baby frozen brine shrimp right before I go to bed.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks for that i am hoping the pet shop will take them when they are big enough, in the meantime i will follow your advice
Old 03-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Haha no problem! If you need anymore help, just message me(:

Tags
advice, birth, molly, night

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com