Molly guppie fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bisqueshoppe

Aquarium Advice Regular
I believe I have a "muppie" batch
Anyone have decent info on this.
7 are alive and well and we love them so much. My concern is they are growing extremely slow and all of them have one big eye and one little eye.

Hello Bis...

This type of hybrid is possible with a male Guppy and a female Molly. It's rare, but could happen with two livebearing fish. if the Guppy is female however, it's unlikely she would survive because of the size of the fry.

This is an educated guess though.

B

Don't know how I did double pics sorry. But yes I have male and female of both mollies and guppies. I actually breed guppies. I was hoping for mollies but not sure what happened or where to go from here with them

I breed male guppies to female mollies. I only use Mexican green mollie females.

The Mexican female has no problem breeding with male guppies. The fry comes out normal.

I then breed the male hybrid with my chocolate chip Mexican or my black redtail mollies.

So do they grow slow. And the eye thing is that normal. Not sure if I'm interested in doing the hybrid breeding intentionally. They are the cutest.

I have two males the eyes are protruded where they can look at you facing forward.

When I come into the room the males are at the tank front facing forward.

Their eyes are bigger than a reg. mollie but both are the same size on the fish. Just bulgy.

I have no growth problem. They are full grown breeder males.

Since I am using a specific mollie that produces a strong hybrid yours may not be the case.

Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom