Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-25-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Molly help

Only for molly breeders. If u own one and if u attempt to breed Mollyís and pass, I need to know how when who and what etc . I just bought 4 female one male . Whatís the best temperature to breed , when should I do water change water test etc .what should the ph be etc . Everything . Help only if u had any molly fries . I failed before but I would like to try again

Old 05-25-2019, 08:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't try to breed them but my female only take of mollies have given birth at around 78 F and always at night. Every time they gave birth it has been after a water change as well.

Old 06-01-2019, 02:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Mollies should breed at any temp that is comfortable for most tropical fish but I agree that 78 is a good spot for them. I would do 50% water changes once a week. They do prefer harder water but it is better to keep your parameters stable rather than chasing ph all of the time.

What size tank are they in? Do you have lots of cover for the fry?

Fishobsessed7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Molly help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishobsessed7 View Post
Mollies should breed at any temp that is comfortable for most tropical fish but I agree that 78 is a good spot for them. I would do 50% water changes once a week. They do prefer harder water but it is better to keep your parameters stable rather than chasing ph all of the time.

What size tank are they in? Do you have lots of cover for the fry?

5)3 temperature is 79F if u think thatís ok . I like to breed them to feed my arowana . I have a breeder box when theyíre ready . I got a 10gallon tank, but I went to 2/3 fish locations and they Said 20g is recommend but 10g is ok but u canít add more then 5 fishes. Soo
Old 06-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah 79 is good for them. You will definitely have better success in a larger tank because that will give fry more room to hide and they will grow faster due to cleaner water. If you just want feeders and your 10gal tank then I would recommend guppies or platies because they stay smaller and in my experience, they are not as inclined to eat their fry.

Fishobsessed7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks . I just bought guppies . But I might buy another tank for them . I like to breed them to feed my arowana

Tags
molly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com