Molly help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Only for molly breeders. If u own one and if u attempt to breed Molly’s and pass, I need to know how when who and what etc . I just bought 4 female one male . What’s the best temperature to breed , when should I do water change water test etc .what should the ph be etc . Everything . Help only if u had any molly fries . I failed before but I would like to try again

I don't try to breed them but my female only take of mollies have given birth at around 78 F and always at night. Every time they gave birth it has been after a water change as well.

Mollies should breed at any temp that is comfortable for most tropical fish but I agree that 78 is a good spot for them. I would do 50% water changes once a week. They do prefer harder water but it is better to keep your parameters stable rather than chasing ph all of the time.

What size tank are they in? Do you have lots of cover for the fry?

Mollies should breed at any temp that is comfortable for most tropical fish but I agree that 78 is a good spot for them. I would do 50% water changes once a week. They do prefer harder water but it is better to keep your parameters stable rather than chasing ph all of the time.

What size tank are they in? Do you have lots of cover for the fry?

5)3 temperature is 79F if u think that’s ok . I like to breed them to feed my arowana . I have a breeder box when they’re ready . I got a 10gallon tank, but I went to 2/3 fish locations and they Said 20g is recommend but 10g is ok but u can’t add more then 5 fishes. Soo

Yeah 79 is good for them. You will definitely have better success in a larger tank because that will give fry more room to hide and they will grow faster due to cleaner water. If you just want feeders and your 10gal tank then I would recommend guppies or platies because they stay smaller and in my experience, they are not as inclined to eat their fry.

Thanks . I just bought guppies . But I might buy another tank for them . I like to breed them to feed my arowana

Back
Top Bottom