Molly not giving birth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaraB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
So I got Dot, my cute little dalmatian molly, in laye February. She started to look pregnant in early March. There are no males in the tank so I assume that it's from the store.
The problem is that it is April and she is still pregnant. I was worried that it was a parasite, but her poop is normal. I don't think it's water quality because one of the other females gave birth last week. Also I do 50% weekly water changes.
The only other tank I have has fry in it and she's too much of a bully to be in there with them.
I'll attach some pictures in case it's not pregnancy and has to be treated. Or am I overreacting?
Also if she needs to be treated, is there any snail safe medications?

Attachments

• 20190412_085236.jpg
    20190412_085236.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 89
  • 20190412_085227.jpg
    20190412_085227.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20190412_085238.jpg
    20190412_085238.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 87
you sure shes pregnant? How many other fish are in that tank? I remember when I had mollies they would sometimes not drop unless they were separated because (I assume) they were afraid the other fish would eat the fry.
Can you separate her into her own container for a while in that tank? something where she will not be able to see the other fish and think shes alone and safe.

There are just two other females in the tank. I added the pictures just in case someone knew for sure if she was pregnant. She's not a balloon molly so she wasn't always that big.
I don't have a breeder box if that's what you are asking.

Back
Top Bottom