Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Molly problems

Hi i have a 65 litre tank which has 4 mollies. I have just recently found out that they are two males and two females. I did a bit if research and found out that i should have three males for each female. I don’t know if i should return one male for a female. I also have a pregnant female which is close to giving birth but have never had a pregnant fish before since i started a tropical two months ago (there are also 6 female guppies in there). I was wondering what method is best when she is giving birth because i have heard that breeding boxes are bad but i also don want the other fish to eat the babies. Any advice?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would definitely swap 1 or both of the males for females. If you have enough hiding spots for the fry a lot of them will survive. I reccomend floating plants or mosses. Guppies don't really eat the fry as far as I know so you would only have to worry about the mollies eating them.
Have a backup plan for those fry though, you dont want your tank too overstocked.

Tags
molly, problem

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com