More family members......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, it looks like I finally succeeded. I have baby Bristlenose Plecos. So far I've seen a total of 4 in the tank. They are living around the powerhead on the side of the tank. Here's a few pics....

75g757.jpg

75g758.jpg

75g759.jpg

75g760.jpg

75g761.jpg

LOL, not sure if I am. I'm finding more and more all the time, lol. Was looking through the plants, and I found like 2 or 3 more. I bet there's a bunch, lol. As long as the bichir doesn't get to them, lol. But he stays towards the bottom and they are closer to the top in the plants that are at the surface.

Aw what widdle cuties sucking just like the big ones!!!!!

They are adorable! Congratulations!

What are you going to do with them? I recently bought a bristlenose pleco and was warned away from buying a mate for him, because the shopkeeper said they are such prolific breeders and really protect their young, so the young survive. If he is right, it sounds to me like you may have lots and lots of little, tiny plecos in your future....

They are quite possibly the cutest baby fishes I have ever seen!

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I do have 2 other tanks that I would like to move some to. Will probably stock my tanks before selling, if they do ever breed again, lol.

related but unrelated. how did your blue rams breeding end up? your logs on the 29g and 75g is what inspired me to try a planted tank.

I just couldn't keep them alive long enough, so I gave up on them. I don't have any now, they all died. Wished I knew how to keep them alive longer. As for my Bolivians, I still have them. In fact, my oldest ones are going on 5 years old. They still lay eggs, etc, but end up eating them.

I found a clutch of pleco eggs and thought none of them made it. Then found a couple babies at last week's water change, 2 months later.

I took the "empty" veggie feeding clips out today while doing the water change. There were five of the little suckers in there....Always check them clips-they're full of treasures (shrimp, snails, plecos, guppies...)

Congratulations-they are so cute. And I bet you have a billion of them hiding in that tank, too.

Here's my find last week:
img_901539_0_f9ff72635edb0ff9e0b21713ed67e5f7.jpg

I'm jealous! My plecos bred successfully over two years ago, but the fry were eaten by other tank mates! Now that tank is almost only plecos and no fry :( One day, I hope then get around to it again!
Please keep updating this thread as the little plecos grow!

The little ones are harder and harder to find now. They are now in the plants, etc, rather than the powerheads. They are cool. Also, I didn't expect them. I just put the breeding cave in about 2 years ago, and left it at that. I didn't do any of the things that breeders do to trigger breeding, like temp changes. They just decided one day to do it, lol.

I think the only fish in the whole tank that might be a threat to them is the albino bichir. Other than that, none of the other fish are a threat.

Hey Lonewolfblue!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Seems like it's been years since we last talked about baby bristlenose'. I'm so happy for you! Doing a little happy dance here { :) }

Yup, it has been a long time. They are about a half inch now, and steadily growing. ;)

Check the Lounge if you haven't seen my new family member. I'm now up to 3 dogs. ;)

Back
Top Bottom