Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

More kribs

So I just looked over at the 110 and noticed the female was out, and the male was being pretty protective. So I walked over and bam! I see theese little guys swimming.
It's her third fry. The fourth out of kribs since I got them. Something has survived from every batch so far except the first batch. It isnt that big of fry. Her belly wasn't that big compared to all the other times so it could explain it. The first eve batch was 8 lol. Second was 20. Angels fish went crazy though so only two survived. And the third batch had 25 ish and 17 of them are in a grow out tank. This batch I am counting around 15. Maybe they decided to put more energy into raising the young then producing them.

The best thing is when she picks up her babies in her mouth! The one day when I turned the light off. She would slowly take around 4 at a time and put them back at home. The male just stayed above the fry the entire time.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Right now the mom is picking up the babies and moving them closer to the plants. It's so cool!

Old 01-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Unfortunately some people have seen this and assumed they were mouthbrooders but we all know it is not the case.

Tags
kribs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com