More money breeding quality guppies or dwarf cichlids like apistos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say dwarf cichlids , guppys don't sell for much. If your lucky guppys might because your buyers like the the quality fish but I still don't think they will pay much. Plus guppys are very common.

Guppies are fun but they also require alot of work. You can get $25 a trio if you know what your doing and you raise some nice fish. Even more for very nice fish. But they can be quite a hassle. Takes alot of food, medicine, supplies in general and alot of time and patiance to get it right.

Best fish to breed...

Have a 10 and 20 gallon to use. Which would bring more money breeding and selling quality guppies or dwarf cichlids.

... is the one your buyers want to buy. Check out your local fish club or pet store (if they are your target buyers) and see what they are willing to buy. No sense breeding what others don't want to buy ;)

FYI: A good breeding program is going to need more than 2 tanks if you are going to be serious about it (y)

I agree with Andy. You'll need to figure out your market. You can make good money selling show quality guppies, but breeding them isn't a cake walk, and your market is going to be sparse locally.

If you plan to only deal locally, call the LFS in your area and see what they'd buy.

I keep my Fancy Guppies in one tank together male and female then put females in breeding trap every month. New born fry go into breeding net and older fry go in different tank then sold within 2 months

Back
Top Bottom