moving my Mollie to a nursery tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deenalove

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was reading and aside from body language to tell when they are going to give birth, their body changes too. Not only do they get rounder (duh lol) their bellies start to turn black. I have 2 and 2 I can see are black. But it is kind of hard to tell with my dalmation Mollie. Should I move them to the nursery tank now? Will the stress make them misscarry? I dont want the fry to be fish food so I want to help them. Just not sure what to do. Than in advance

It really depends on whether it's a nursery tank or a breeding net. If you're moving her to a separate tank that is at least 10 gallons, I don't think there should be any problem moving her over now. Breeding nets/boxes tend to cause a lot of stress and I wouldn't keep her in one of those unless she's already giving birth.

what vicomore said is spot on. if its a tank moving it over a little early might even be better as long as its cycled. just put some plants or at least some hiding spots for the fry when they are born.

Back
Top Bottom