Multi babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lanceuppercut

Aquarium Advice Regular
My multis just had some baby's, which is really cool. Do I need to do anything different for them?

nope, i just feed nls 1mm pellets and take a very small pinch of tropical flake and grind it up in my fingers, then put it in the flow of the filter. I have a new batch of babies about every other week seems like and the ones i got about 2 months ago were just a few days old and are now about 3/4 adult size

Well, the first batch just kind of disappeared, no idea why, but a new group hatched a couple weeks ago. Now that I have a bunch more multies, I'm going to need a bunch more shells. I looked at the local pet stores, but all they sell are very expensive hermit crab shells. Any suggestions on where and what kind i could or should get for them?

Well, while all you guys are here, I might as well ask this too. What do you do to keep your multi tanks clean? I have a pretty bad algae problem in mine, and I have no idea how to stop it. I don't leave the light on for more than 8 hrs a day, and I feed very little. I tried to put a couple otos in there to help out, but they killed one, so I took the rest out. I'm running out of ideas

The guy I got my multi tank from had bad algae issues. I cleaned it up, left the light off for a few days, then added some anacharis. If you dont have any plants, dont leave the light on so long. Cut down to 4-6 hours and see if your algae issue improves. I think alot of the issue is the shells make it impossible to clean well unless you remove them, which would be a major pain.

Well, I went to that site you guys recommended for shells, and ordered a bunch of them. I don't have a paypal account though, so I picked the other payment option. It said that they would be in contact with me as soon as they could, but I still haven't heard from them at all. It was a week and a half ago.What's the deal? Are they still in business?

I would send them an e-mail message about your order. I've ordered from them several times over the last few years without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom