Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Multi babies

My multis just had some baby's, which is really cool. Do I need to do anything different for them?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

nope, i just feed nls 1mm pellets and take a very small pinch of tropical flake and grind it up in my fingers, then put it in the flow of the filter. I have a new batch of babies about every other week seems like and the ones i got about 2 months ago were just a few days old and are now about 3/4 adult size

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well, the first batch just kind of disappeared, no idea why, but a new group hatched a couple weeks ago. Now that I have a bunch more multies, I'm going to need a bunch more shells. I looked at the local pet stores, but all they sell are very expensive hermit crab shells. Any suggestions on where and what kind i could or should get for them?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
I got the gold and silver mouth turbo shells from this web site Title for my multies. I put over a hundred in a 20 gallon long tank.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
I second cichlidbreeding.com for shells. They have the best prices IMO from back when I was buying shells.

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well, while all you guys are here, I might as well ask this too. What do you do to keep your multi tanks clean? I have a pretty bad algae problem in mine, and I have no idea how to stop it. I don't leave the light on for more than 8 hrs a day, and I feed very little. I tried to put a couple otos in there to help out, but they killed one, so I took the rest out. I'm running out of ideas
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

The guy I got my multi tank from had bad algae issues. I cleaned it up, left the light off for a few days, then added some anacharis. If you dont have any plants, dont leave the light on so long. Cut down to 4-6 hours and see if your algae issue improves. I think alot of the issue is the shells make it impossible to clean well unless you remove them, which would be a major pain.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well, I went to that site you guys recommended for shells, and ordered a bunch of them. I don't have a paypal account though, so I picked the other payment option. It said that they would be in contact with me as soon as they could, but I still haven't heard from them at all. It was a week and a half ago.What's the deal? Are they still in business?
Old 06-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
I would send them an e-mail message about your order. I've ordered from them several times over the last few years without any problems.

Tags
babies

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com