My African dwarf frog tried to eat my sucker fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrogs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 African dwarf frogs in my 10 gallon tank. One of them eats everything.:banghead:
It once ate fish food. My frog snaps at smaller fish and things when its hungry,
but it's pretty fat already. One day i noticed it had its mouth around my last sucker fish. By the time I got the frog out with the net my fish was already half devoured. :nono: I was able to get the frog off the fish. I separated the two for a while. I put the fish back in but, a month later he went missing.
Questions
1. Is this normal.
2. What could have happened to that poor sucker fish.
3. Could this possibly be how my other sucker fish died.:(:fish2::fish1::confused:

It's a little bigger than a quarter but still fat. This happened about three months ago.

What are you calling a sucker fish? When I was little, my great-grandmother's pleco was a sucker fish, and anything that would suck on something, so about a hundred gazillion different types if sucker fish. When you say sucker fish, I think 6-inch Star Trek alien swimming around sucking on the glass.

What are you calling a sucker fish? When I was little, my great-grandmother's pleco was a sucker fish, and anything that would suck on something, so about a hundred gazillion different types if sucker fish. When you say sucker fish, I think 6-inch Star Trek alien swimming around sucking on the glass.

+1 agree do you have a pic

It was a little smaller than a Cory catfish. About an inch long and has a black horizontal stripe in the middle on either side. I can't get a picture now and i don't know the exact name. Remember the poor little fish went missing.

So, does anyone have an answer to my questions?

CAE=Chinese Algae Eater

One of the things you have to remember about ADFs is that if it will fit in their mouths, they may well try it out.

Thanks for the advice. That makes a lot more sense now.:thanks:

IMO adf should be kept in their own tanks.

They CAE will be stunted in that little tank if you don't upgrade to a HUGE tank soon.

Back
Top Bottom