My angel fish laid eggs, HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex.walkerrrrr

Aquarium Advice Regular
My angels laid eggs and I took the plant that they were on and put it in 29 gallon and an airstone with low flow over it, I don't have a filter for it right now but will they be ok without one for 1-2 days? The just laid today and is this set up ok? Please tell me everything you know, like everything, what temp is good for them tooImage1485748806.669807.jpg

You need to use methylene blue to keep the eggs from going to fungus.
They can be hatched in a much smaller container to help with the bubbles and MB.
They may not be fertile in which case they may go white pretty quick.
Otherwise they will hatch in a couple days where they will lay as wigglers for a couple days.
Then they free swim and you need to be ready to feed them.
Here are eggs I just took from my angels.This is their second set of eggs in 8 days!
The other has hatched and is swimming in their D&P [the little containers I use to hatch in] .

These are the ones from last week also !

They really like to lay eggs on slates which are easier to pull and hold up to the MB better then plants.

As stated, a 29 gal. is way too big. A much smaller container would be better. A 2-1/2 gallon tank, a gallon jar, or the hang-on boxes.

Yes, anti fungal is usually necessary. Meth blue, Hydrogen Peroxide, Jungle Fungus Clear ( 1/2 tab per gallon) work for various people.

Don't feed them anything until the go free swimming. Then feed them newly hatched baby brine shrimp. That is the only food that works consistently.

If I keep my angels in there will they be ok if the water is kept up and how much hydrogen peroxide should I dose for that size of tank

If I keep my angels in there will they be ok if the water is kept up and how much hydrogen peroxide should I dose for that size of tank

Which angels? the parents? I wouldn't put the parents in with the eggs. If you want the parents to raise them, leave the eggs with the parents next time.

I haven't used it myself but people I have talked to use it on much smaller containers. I've heard both 2ml/gal. and a capfull per gallon every twelve hours. If you have plants or a filter I wouldn't use it. Not even sure it would work in that sized tank.

Back
Top Bottom