My Angels spawned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check the temp on the SFB eggs. If I remember correctly, they need cooler water to hatch than the GSL eggs. This is why I use GSL eggs whenever possible. I like to get their water hot and them hatched in under 24 hours. I don;t think you can do that with the SFB brand.
But CONGRATS!!!!! on the swimmers. One more hurdle hurdled successfully :D lol

BTW, Wigglers part 2: should be soon. Got roof insulation going in next week then it's off to the races for me. PLUS, my daughter called with a potential goldmine. Seems she knows someone who just bought an empty house that was full of fish breeding equipment., ( i.e. tanks, pumps, boxes etc.) and asked if I knew anyone looking for that kind of stuff?? :whistle: I'm waiting for the list before I rent the u-haul. lol (y)

Check the temp on the SFB eggs. If I remember correctly, they need cooler water to hatch than the GSL eggs. This is why I use GSL eggs whenever possible. I like to get their water hot and them hatched in under 24 hours. I don;t think you can do that with the SFB brand.
But CONGRATS!!!!! on the swimmers. One more hurdle hurdled successfully :D lol

BTW, Wigglers part 2: should be soon. Got roof insulation going in next week then it's off to the races for me. PLUS, my daughter called with a potential goldmine. Seems she knows someone who just bought an empty house that was full of fish breeding equipment., ( i.e. tanks, pumps, boxes etc.) and asked if I knew anyone looking for that kind of stuff?? :whistle: I'm waiting for the list before I rent the u-haul. lol (y)

I do believe your right there on the SFB eggs. The GSL ones are hatching in about 18-20 hours at 80 degrees.

Really looking forward to it. I'm super excited for you!

More good news, I'd say 80% of the eggs made it to free swimming. I wake up alot at ngiht due to diabetes and got to see them come off the slate. As of 9 this morning I pulled the slate and fed them some bbs. Here's a short video

there's a good many more but those were all huddled together.

This has been a great learning experience and has went pretty well for something I wasn't expecting so soon. Going to keep them in the 5.5 a few weeks then move to a 10 and finally a 55 after culling.

Congrats man! My first pair laid eggs last night I have them seperated from the rest of the tank right now to see if she's going to take care of them! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well as I was watching the evening news they spawned again. I'm going to let them have at it this go round.

fXRmwq3.jpg

Dude baby making factory.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

For real man. I'm super happy though. I did the punnet square and base on the traits I can see in the parents it should be a mix of Golds, gold ghosts, and sunset blushers. I'm ready to fast forward a few weeks so I can see what my current fry will look like. Already contacted the LFS to line up some sales.

:dance:

Little update, the new spawn lasted two days before the female decided to eat them. No biggie though.

It's been 10 dayssince the first batch became free swimming. I neded the 5 gallon they were in for some other fish so I went ahead and moved them over to a ten gallon. Below is them feeding on some BBS.

the water is clear in there it's just that I can't find a white cfl bulb

So fun to see the progress with the videos.

My wigglers are starting to look like they will be swimming very soon! Can't wait, and watching yours to see. I will be trying to do things correctly with what I have to work with :). Already have read through half of "wigglers thread" before, it is still a little freak out when it actually happens for the first time to you! :dance:

So fun to see the progress with the videos.

My wigglers are starting to look like they will be swimming very soon! Can't wait, and watching yours to see. I will be trying to do things correctly with what I have to work with :). Already have read through half of "wigglers thread" before, it is still a little freak out when it actually happens for the first time to you! :dance:

It helps me keep track of their growth. The wigglers thread and Andy's advice helped me greatly. I plan on shooting some more video of these guys next week when I move them into a grow out tank, I've got some more wigglers from the same pair that should be free swimming by mondday

Well here we are 10 days from the last video and they have grown quite a bit.

I'll be moving them into a 55 later today to free up the 10 gallon for more fry

Well they are 5 weeks free swimming now and about dime size. Really anxious to see them get bigger as some of them seem to possibly be gold ghosts.

7 weeks now and looking good. This will probably be the next to last video I take of them as they'll be headed to their new home soon.

I see a bunch of $ signs swimming around that tank. Looks good man.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom