My apistos made babies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's so awesome. I really wish I had gotten a breeding pair of rams. P.S. How's Rammy? beep boop boop!
rammy is being a stubborn lil fusser, I'm not sure he's aware of his ultimate re-introduction to his original display?? He's fussing on the bottom of the qt whenever I turn the lights on..

Ah yes, the Doctor and his trusty robot sidekick! You're starting to sound like a British TV show. They're so cuuuuuuute! How are the parents getting along, Brookster?
these patents operate like a well oiled....hmmm.. A well cleaned aquaclear filter:) they're awesome! Mom is doing quite the job! Her lil squirts are still bopping off the bottom whenever she is near. He is keeping the riff raff at bay..

I've only seen them at the Lfs I frequent. When I told him I had a batch if fry get seemed kind if excited than again he also said he's never had much luck raising them up, than again he said he wasn't really a breeder but a seller.. Hffff fingers crossed I guess.. Here's a couple pics of the papa, one from oldsetup with dark substrate and t8 lights( much richer) and one from new setup with light substrate and LEDs!

image-2871520792.jpg

image-2430269922.jpg

I've only seen them at the Lfs I frequent. When I told him I had a batch if fry get seemed kind if excited than again he also said he's never had much luck raising them up, than again he said he wasn't really a breeder but a seller.. Hffff fingers crossed I guess.. Here's a couple pics of the papa, one from oldsetup with dark substrate and t8 lights( much richer) and one from new setup with light substrate and LEDs!

View attachment 228131

View attachment 228132

Yeah well, your LFS guy doesn't have me in the wings to help him out with his fry like you do. ;)

Hmmmm, do I get a pair when they're old enough?:rolleyes:

Have you looked into hatching brine shrimp for them? It is very easy to do and extremely beneficial for your fry!

Also most lfs don't want to take the extra time to age water for daily water changes. Let alone do day water changes and feed the fry more then once a day. That's all more work for them.

Also have you moved them yet? It's been around three days now hasn't it? A lot of breeders remove the parents from the babies as soon as they absorb their sacs. Typically the mother should try and feed her young but you can do a much better job I'm sure! Also bare bottom is a great idea! So much easier to keep clean. You could put a black background on it so you can see the fry easier and judge their health.

Yeah well, your LFS guy doesn't have me in the wings to help him out with his fry like you do. ;) Hmmmm, do I get a pair when they're old enough?:rolleyes:
this is very true! And for all the help I think it would be absolutely neccessary to get a pair of these lil bops out to dragon's aquarium! Still have a long way to go though..

Hobgob, I've moved around 20 into a separate tank, there are still some in with the mother, I think I will leave them in as a sort if experiment. The fry tank has a sand bottom, thought itd be more comfortable for them, I also added a couple baby assassin snails to eat the leftover food which is hikari first bites, I really don't have the time or space for a hatchery, I will get some frozen bbs in a week or so.. I think I will just take water from another tank and do more wc's on that instead if age water in buckets.. Sound ok?

The hikari first bites will hold them off and keep them growing steady for a good 6 months bro, then you can switch them to a micro pellet that sinks

6 months!!???! How long does it take these guys to grow out to sellable size???

Your good. Try and get some java moss and put it in there so they can eat things off it
i put some in last night!! I'll have done one come by a couple times to check my tanks so it's not like they'll be neglected the whole week..

Back
Top Bottom