My apistos spawned:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A couple weeks ago I picked up a pair of apistogramma borelli. They finally decided to spawn for me. I can't get any pictures because mom won't move out of the way. She is holding vigil in the pleco cave. I can see wigglers in there so I guess I missed the actually spawning. I'm going to leave them in the tank since mom is doing such a great job protecting them. The only other fish in the 20 long with them is a pair of furcata rainbowfish and a plethora of cherry shrimp. Anybody have any pointers for me. I assume they will live off their yolk sacs for 5 days and then I can squirt some micro worms by them for a week or so until they get big enough for decapped brine shrimp.

Congrats!
They'll grow into some lovely fish!
Sounds like mom's on the job, she'll probably strike out at you when
you goto squirt in the worms, but other than that just usual maintenance,
being very careful when vacuuming after they leave the cave!
Good luck!!!

She wasn't happy with me yesterday. A snail was making its way into the cave and she was having a tough time with it. I stuck my finger in there to pull it out and she whacked me. She'll get over it. I'm glad I just did a water change yesterday. I guess I'll just put a panty hose over the gravel vac like I do in my shrimp tanks. That'll keep the little guys in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom