My Cory's Laid Eggs....Just Wanted to Share

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrixyEnigma

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My cory's were exhibiting some strange behavior this morning, but I thought they were just playing. When I returned this evening I found eggs all over the tank. :) It's a community tank and I'm not sure how many will survive but I thought this was cool and I wanted to share. I've got 8 corydoras, 2 clown loaches, 5 neon tetras, 2 honey gouramis, 2 glass cats, a sunburst platy and a guppy. They are housed in a 30 gallon high, planted tank with a xp3 filter. I'm not going to move the eggs because I don't have anything else to set them up in. I will purchase something small that can be set up in a pinch if this happens again. I've attached photos of the eggs. These were taken with my cell, so I apologize in advance. If any of the little guys make it, I'll attach photos of the fry.

Attachments

• IMG046.jpg
    IMG046.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG047.jpg
    IMG047.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 198
LOL. I didn't think they were this happy. I had some petrified wood laying around and used it to make the largest section of eggs inaccessible. The gouramis and clown loaches were already checking out the eggs. This may allow a few to survive.

id get a breader net did you introduce cold water? mine spawned after cold water but only laid maybe 3 eggs

Well two baby's survived. I waited for a while to clean my filter because that's where I usually find survivors. Well I was right, there were two baby Cory cats hanging out in the filter. I'll post pics in a sec. The cats are now spawning regularly and especially after adding cold water.

Sorry about the delay with posting the photos, but I had a bit of cell phone trouble, lol. Here are the ones that I could grab. They're still rather small and quick. The pics are not that great, but I hope you can get an idea of what they look like. The pic with the two fish in the white bowl was taken right after I found them in my filter.

Attachments

• IMG059.jpg
    IMG059.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG055.jpg
    IMG055.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG060.jpg
    IMG060.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 120
I thought they looked a little weird too, LOL. I'm wondering if the spots will disappear. None of my Cory cats are spotted. The little guys are not at all shy. They've Ben swimming all over the tank. :) I think I was just lucky with saving them. I really thought the clown loaches had eaten all the eggs.

Just saw your old post, how did the babies turn out, did you have more? What do you contribute the success to? I am looking to add more Cories, I have Gold Stripe and Emerald Brochis right now, I am looking as the dwarf Coryvarieties, need to wait for my new tank to cycle.

Back
Top Bottom