My Dalmation Molly just gave birth & I don't know what to do..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaxuoo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi.. I got my Dalmation Molly's 4 of them about 3 days ago.. & they just gave birth.. 9 fry total.. 3 Was already dead when delivered.. 3 died after a while.. 1 don't look very good & only 2 looks good so far..
I was not at all expecting them to give birth.. I haven't even got them completely settled even yet.. & I don't know what I am suppose to do.. This is the first I have even got a fish tank.. & I'm totally freaking out here.. :/ help me please..

Well, if you plan on keeping them, then you can just net them out and put them in another tank (if you have one) if not then you can purchase a larger breeder net. You can feed them crushed fish food of any kind, and you can also feed them egg yolk. First you just hard boil an egg, then you peel the outer shell off, then take the hardened yolk, fill a container with about 1/3 cup of water, then you mix. You can put this in a container and it should last a week or two. You can feed the fry 4-6 times a day. I feed mine 4 times a day in small amounts. Hope this helped! :)

Mollies are live bearers this means that they will give birth to live fry, once your mollies are settled in your tank you can expect a new batch of fry about every 25-32 days. Good luck with the fry

Back
Top Bottom