My female Swordtail had babies, I need advice on how to take care of them!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishfarmerTRP

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I am needing advice on what exactly I should feed new baby swordtails? I've been grinding flake food to make it very fine for the babies to be able to eat. They look healthy. Check out my photo of the baby swordtails. I really hope someone can please give me some good advice. Thank you

Attachments

• Baby Swordtails.jpg
    Baby Swordtails.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 233
I would just keep feeding them that you also can feed them brine shrimp and really powdered boiled egg yolk. Egg yolk never went good with me and smelled and went bad on me! Cool fry though!! Also welcome!

Ditto to the above. They can do fine on crushed flake, but you can also feed brine shrimp...you could also feed micro worms or vinegar eels if you have them around or other tiny live foods, but it's not necessary. Congrats on the babies. :)

Hi Fishie

Thank you so much for your advice I definitley appreciate it. And thank you for the complement on the swordtail babies. I love them.

Thank you Ashes2Ashes, yeah I only have the flake food. So I will continue to crush the flakes up. Thank you so much for your advice and comliment. I really do appreciate it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom