My fish had babies! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helloelliee

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sorry I already posted this in the general discussion before noticing there was a breeding section. I'm new to this site, please bare with me!

OMG guys. I just put fish in my tank like a week ago. I have platys, danios, cory catfish, 2 dwarf gouramis, and ghost catfish. okay so I've been siphoning my tank out and doing 25% water changes everyday to get my tank cycled fully. So today I started siphoning and I noticed a tiny little fish swimming around! I almost sucked him up. I noticed there was a cluster of little brown specs in one of my seashells it almost looked like a bunch of fish poop, but since I siphon my tank everyday I knew it couldn't be that, so are those the eggs? If not what do fish eggs look like? Is there any way of telling whose laying the eggs? And will my other fish eat the eggs/babies? How long does it take for the eggs to hatch? And the babies to grow? I'm scared I'll siphon them up): I've only seen one baby! my biggest fish are my dwarf gouramis and they are probably 2 inches if that. Any info can help! Thanks:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom