My fry tank dropped 10 degrees!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My heater in my 20 gal fry tank magically accidentally got unplugged while I was gone for 7 hours... It was FREEZING in there and there's no hood to help trap the heat in the water... Was next to a sliding door my coinhabitant opened up wide.... And it had dropped from 82 to 70!! :-( As soon as the heater turned on they all swarmed it and were huddled up... Poor babies... :-(

Wellll it's been an interesting week... Just spent 3 1/2 hrs in bumper to bumper freeway traffic and then 2 hrs home...
I'm grateful tho... The older 7 wk olds are really getting big...and playing all over the tank...
My newborns in another tank have learned to associate my hand with food and today for the first time come nibble my fingers when I open the hatch... They're only 3 & 7 day specks of life...
Salt mishaps... A few tiny ones that didn't grow like others got stuck in the filter... It's been challenging... But have learned a few things :)

i simply forgot the put the heater on one day, daaarn it was chilly. but those babies were sturdy, including 9 day old guppies.
so i think they will forgive u :)
and congrats on the feeding! xx

Fry are amazingly tough. I found a tetra fry in a tank that I'd tossed some plants in to hold over until I was ready to plant them. 3 months later, I still hadn't gotten around to planting, but I saw a fry. No filter, no water changes.. brown gunk from the nasty substrate being strained through the water... no telling what the parameters looked like. It's still kicking it a month and a half later.

poor little french fries!!! happy that are alive and warm now :)

For sale on Craigslist, Facebook & LFS... Just can't wait for them to grow to be able to sex them.
This second round of fry are 5 days & 1 wk 6 days old... Much smaller batches cause of the medication in Oct.

they look ready to sex now, one in that pic look like it has a fairly defined gonopodium but that could just be how it is swimming lol!

Back
Top Bottom