My GBR laid eggs!! Have a few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys

My GBR has just laid some eggs!! I'm so excited!! I do have a few questions! There's about 20 cardinal tetra, and a Longfin bristlenose. Will the fry be eaten by my cardinals tetra and Bristlenose?? And another question is when and what do I feed the fry?? Ill also need to sponge the filter intake right??

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• image-1975395489.jpg
    image-1975395489.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 77
Is this their first batch? I've read alot on here about GBR's eating their own eggs on the first couple of occasions before they even hatch :(

Is this their first batch? I've read alot on here about GBR's eating their own eggs on the first couple of occasions before they even hatch :(

Yes, it is their first batch. I've had them for a week.

Ya, I've read that it takes a few batch before they parental skills are up to scratch. But ya I just want to know how they will fair with the cardinals tetra.

I have never had trouble with gbr eating babeis or the tetras and I have a solid 25 so u be fine

Feed them when they are free swimming and just before the run out of their egg sack.
I feed them hikari first bites and put it in a syringe and aim it AT the fry.

Back
Top Bottom