My ghost shrimp got knocked up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrzap

Aquarium Advice Freak
My largest ghost shrimp which i guessed was the female was carrying around a bunch of little eggs under her belly today. Not bad after having them for 2 weeks. Think the offspring are pretty much hopeless of surviving?

I had to order mine from California :)

One of the helpful users told me there is a pet store pretty north of me that may have them as well. I'll have to check that out.

They are all over the place here too.
I have about 10 in my 55gal community tank.

Maybe I should buy a ton of them and start selling them.

trying to raise some myself !! many many years ago as a kid living in florida i had a large turtle/goldfish tank ! we were at the local lake with a net and caught by mistake some fresh water shrimp ! my folks were surprise and me as well !! needless to say after some time i ended up have a few hundred of them running around !! not sure if was total dumb luck or what but think they easier than salt water shrimp !! or mabe a diff type of shrimp than the ghost not sure !!

They are everywhere here in MD!! I had a mother give birth to some baby ghost shrimp where I work, and most, if not all survived! They are really cool too! Anyways have fun, and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom