My Guppy Breeding Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So here's the new flame tail plan. I have a 40-ish gallon tub that I can raise all of their fry in until I get desirable traits. when I get the satisfactory fry, I can separate the females so they are emptied of fry. Once they have no more signs of holding fry from the tub guppies, I can put them with my breeder to get them to breed true and have desirable traits.

Just setup the fry tub for the emerald flametails. Fry will likely be added tomorrow after the tank is settled. I will be cycling with established media from a different tank. (y)(y):dance: Tell me what you think of my new lil setup!

I'm still checking to see if there is an aquatic club in your area. I didn't forget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you, there is that Facebook group, but I haven't been able to find a physical group that meets and stuff

Yeah the facebook group... gotta watch those people. Some one tried to sell me a female bn pleco and said it was male.

Doesn't surprise me,some people can be like that for a few mor edollars in their pocket

Remember when you seperate the fry that have matured in the 40gl to "empty" them, that it can take up to 6months or more to "empty" them. Guppies can hold sperm and reproduce several times before there done.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Remember when you seperate the fry that have matured in the 40gl to "empty" them, that it can take up to 6months or more to "empty" them. Guppies can hold sperm and reproduce several times before there done.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 I did know this but it's easy to forget this tidbit

Yeah I forgot about that well I might just breed him with his current female and still do the tub thing and sell the culls.

Ok, so new plan. Just got some high quality japanese blue firefin virgin females from a breeder (Glen Hawkins). I am now breeding these with the emerald flametail

Attachments

• IMG_2344.jpg
    IMG_2344.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 53
Some pics of my current breeding stock. Gonna also try to breed one of the firefin females with the red blonde delta. :dance:

Attachments

• IMG_2340.jpg
    IMG_2340.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2341.jpg
    IMG_2341.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 53
Whoooooa! Running with the big dogs! I'm very curious how these crosses will turn out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Whoooooa! Running with the big dogs! I'm very curious how these crosses will turn out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Me too, getting some fry tanks ready atm. That red delta I actually bought at a local grocery store! lol

This local grocery store chain has a fish section, and they actually have some very nice fish and plants. I'm gonna have to make a video sometime. The guppies there are of quality, and they even put strains in their own tank

Back
Top Bottom