My guppy had 1 baby ... help plz ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone i have a few questions. Maybe u can give me some answers 2 plz ? Ok well my female guppy got pregnant but she never got really big like most do before they give birth , so i never put her in a breeders net bc i thought she wasnt going to give birth untill she gets bigger , and a couple days ago i noticed she was really skinny and i looked for babys and never seen any so i thought she had false pregnancy bc my females start to look pregnant but never get really big than they get skinny and i never see babys well tonight i was cleaning my sand with a small hose and the water that got sucked out went in a jug , and i didnt suck any babys up , and when i moved the live plants around i seen 1 baby ? anyway my question is can a guppy only have 1 baby ? I would think with how her belly was she would have atleat 5 in her belly bc her belly never got really big like most , so yea can she only have 1 ? And the baby i found i caught and put in a breeder net bc i didnt want him to get eat ! Please help me ? Thanks

It's most likely that your guppy birthed a lot of babies but they probably got eaten. It's always happened to me when I've had guppies. Usually they will give birth to a lot of babies at a time. Hopefully this helps you out a bit. :)

I know they have a bunch of babys but my guppy never got big like most female guppys do before they give birth she barley had a belly , thats why i didnt put her in a breeders net , so is i possible she could have only had a couple bc she never got huge to have alot of babys ?

Back
Top Bottom