My new breeding tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaterbeginners

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi people I just bought some guppies at my LFS. I am so excited to breed them. Any advice, tips?

lots of plants in one area that is compact and dense also some that can hang on the side and 1 male to 2-3 females. you want to give the babies a lot of area to hide in. though most times they wont eat the fry but you still want to have it there for their comfort.

lots of plants in one area that is compact and dense also some that can hang on the side and 1 male to 2-3 females. you want to give the babies a lot of area to hide in. though most times they wont eat the fry but you still want to have it there for their comfort.

What are you trying to say?

Guppies like to make them self feel secure so they will hide in plants to drop their fry. Fry can also hide within the plants to avoid getting eaten.

Just add some plants in your tank for the fry to hide to keep the parents from eating them for population control. Java moss would be a perfect plant! It's really pretty and is an awesome hiding spot

Just add some plants in your tank for the fry to hide to keep the parents from eating them for population control. Java moss would be a perfect plant! It's really pretty and is an awesome hiding spot

But I have a small tank baby guppy only. Is that ok?

yes what im saying is instead of having them scattered make a bundle of them in one corner.

Last edited:
that pic I posted is all fake so they don't mind I haven't had any luck with real ones except a chain sword XD

Back
Top Bottom