Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

my new molly has ick and pregnant!

Hi its been a fewweeks since I lost my fish and after 5yrs with no problems I feel like Im cursed! I bought home a few new fish about a week ago and started my new fish family. 2parrots,2angels,2mollys, and my indestructable corey cats who have survived it all. Ive dealt with ick once before but treated it quickly with meds and most of my fish seemed immune to its effects. I lost the to angels and did some research and found the best method for my corey would be50% h2o change every other day, heat and salt treatment(I know it can be bad for them as well but did it gradually and it has had little effect on them). Everyone is thriving but I want to continue for another week to make sure its gone. The balloon molly is showing all the signs she is ready to drop and I dont know what to do? I have a small tank set up for the fry and when I put her in the breeder net she seemed extremely stressed so I moved her to the tank and gave it a day and she still seemed extremely stressed. I think all the relocating, water changes and ick have been alot on her. Today I was afraid she would lose them or herself so I moved her back to the main tank and within a few minutes she seemed calmer. I know the heat at 85 is bad for the fry and my other fish know she is ready and are stalking her. I dont want to lose the fry but I dont want to lose Big Momma either. If someone can reply asap Id appriciate it because she could have them anytime and after I lost all my other guys I am second guessing everything Im doing

Old 03-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did you acclimate her to the fry tank, or just drop her in? I would try putting her in a container of tank water and let her temp acclimate. You could try to drip acclimate in the container, but I'm not sure how easy that would be or how far off your params are between the two tanks. Once she's in, I would leave her alone. One thing I read and tried with my guppy was to make the tank dark. I kept the light off and put a towel in front of it so that the sunlight that came in my window wouldn't cause a problem. That could help her calm down.

Tags
ick, molly, pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com