my pregnant guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklenic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had 6 female guppies, 5were. Pregnant. I just found 1 dead. It's very sad & traffic, I'm assuming she was giving birth. But when I got home from the Dr I found her with 2 fry hanging outa her. 1 of wich was from her mouth. Can anyone help me understand what happened & if this is something I Can keep from happening agin.
Thanx

I don't think there is anyway of keeping something like that from happening with a fish. Fish have their fry and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

Thanx for the help. I was afraid it was somehow my fault. Ill keep everyone Interested in my fish babies progress. :)

Oh no not your fault at all. Those things are completely out of our control. Hope there is better luck with your other guppies. :)

Thank you :) I hope so to. I successfully had a batch of 15-20 a month ago. Mom & @ least 10 fry are doing well. Not sure just how many fry, they are so fast Lol. I will keep you posted. You have eased my mind. :)

:) thanx for all the advice. On a happy note, when u woke up thus morning I have 6, that I see, newborn fry!!!

I think she was giving birth out of her mouth... That's never a good sign. ;)

Back
Top Bottom