My pregnant guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zac15

Aquarium Advice Regular
It looks her tail is torn is this also part of a guppy pregnancy? I heard ooss of color is but haven't heard of a torn tail

Sent from my SM-G860P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1422416958087.jpg
    1422416958087.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 96
It looks her tail is torn is this also part of a guppy pregnancy? I heard ooss of color is but haven't heard of a torn tail

I have not seen anything regarding the tail. If you start to see the eyes of the baby through moms almost transparent belly, you know you are close to the birthing date.

From the picture am i pretty close?

Picture doesn't really show the eyes because of the picture quality. You might have to judge yourself unless there are better pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

She is starting to get the boxed off look on her stomach and sorry she moves a lot

Most likely pregnant then. If you see the gravid spot on the stomach then it's a good indication.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How long do you think she has?

Like a red thread? Is that what the thorax and can you provide me a picture?

Like a red thread? Is that what the thorax and can you provide me a picture?

In this video you can see the eyes of the fry, when they are almost completely visible through moms belly, she will be ready to pop!

Great news she just gave birth to 15 baby guppy fry yesterday afternoon

I believe her tail is torn because maybe another fish fought with her. One of my guppies has a torn tail and its because one male chases her around a lot and nips at her tail and she is in fact pregnant

Back
Top Bottom