My Sulawesi/Rabbit snails had a baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatieBunky

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came to clean out the tank today & found this little guy comes out of nowhere :D I've got 3 Sulawesis in the tank but didn't even know I had a male & female. I'd read online that their breeding process is mostly unknown & I see why :L no clue how old this guy is, I've had the snails for about a month so I'm guessing he's maybe a week or two old as I was in France a week & a half ago & didn't see him them. He's so cute, but he won't roll over properly, I guess he'll get the hang of it XD

Let me know if you have any tips on feeding the babies etc :)

Typically British!

Attachments

• 1404762562593.jpg
    1404762562593.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 1404762598499.jpg
    1404762598499.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 96
For anyone who is interested, I found another baby Sulawesi snail today. She's half the size of her brother Roger, who is now about 6 weeks old. Happy fish mummy here.

Typically British!

Attachments

• 1409518466729.jpg
    1409518466729.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 80
Congrats, Katie! I love Rabbit Snails. That baby sure is cute!

My rabbit snails had 2 babies this week. They are much smaller than your baby, though. I have read online that its good to drop a tiny piece of cuttlebone into the water, to give the snail calcium to grow good shells. So I think I'll try that.

Really? I never knew that, I've just been giving them some algae wafers... I've been thinking about growing algae on the bottom of the baby bit but I wouldn't know how to stimulate the growth of algae

Typically British!

Google "Cuttlebone for Aquarium Snails". It's kind of interesting! I am also using algae wafers, although the goldfish seems to nibble most of it before the snails reach it.

Mine aren't too fancy in color, they are just a muddy yellow/brown color. I'd really like to get some golden ones but they are expensive in Canada. O_O

xKxwQni.jpg

Mine are the same colour as that :) my lfs currently have some orange skinned ones & I really want some but my tank is overstocked :(

Typically British!

I've a got a bunch of those snails overhere as well... They're doing great and I've got baby snails on a regular bases.

Attachments

• fish stan ea5 118.jpg
    fish stan ea5 118.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 52
  • fish stan ea5 119.jpg
    fish stan ea5 119.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom