My tetra spawned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed one of my neon tetras had a lumpy belly a couple of days ago. I managed to get a look at her backlit by my plant lights and it looked like she had eggs. Yesterday I noticed one of the other tetras "dancing" with her. It looked like a mating dance. I checked it out on youtube and yep that is what it was. The male had been hanging out in a clump of moss and that is where the "dance" took place. I never saw any eggs but they are tiny from what I read. I don't suppose there is any hope of getting fry is there? This tank has blue pearl shrimp, ghost shrimp, mystery snails, and mollies. Everybody is pregnant from shrimp to fish. My snails are also laying eggs like crazy. Must be breeding season. My ghost shrimp have multiplied despite everybody telling me that the larvae wouldn't survive. I am really hoping that a few tetra fry survive.

Ghost shrimp are predatory shrimp and may feed on the eggs of the neons. Unless they are in a separate breeding tank there is little chance of survival. Some may survive and grow up in your tank... Congratulations on having your neons spawn it's usually really hard to do! Good luck with the fry!:)

Back
Top Bottom