My very own breeding log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike47517

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so i have seen quite a few logs of stuff like breeding and stuff so i decided to start my own. I am going to keep a log of all my fish breeding. Hope this can be helpful and stuff to everyone that reads it. Be sure to check in every now and then to see all updates and stuff. I will include Pictures and maybe even a vid every now and then. enjoy.

Now that im finished with that its time to start. I currently have 3 types of fry ( fish babies ) that i am raising. Convicts, Albino guppies, black mollies. I am a novice at breeding fish and as you can see these fish are all pretty easy to breed. I have been breeding fish since Nov. 20 when i got my 1st batch of black mollies ( about 65 ). After i bred the mollies a few time i decided to try somethin else so i bred some convicts. they were no trouble at all and didnt really take any special care to get them to breed. they had 100 or so fry and most are still alive. the parents are great guardians to them and never let them out of their sight. actually if the fry go to far tha mom will go gather them in her mouth then bring them back to the cave. and she will do this as many times as neccasary. the fry are now about 2 weeks old and thriving beautifully. The most recent fish i have bred is the albino guppy. i found her at a petco and just had to get her. Its not every day you find an albino. She has had one batch of fry but i only was able to msave 5 im sure there was more but cant be sure. it is highly likely there was more and they got eaten by the other fish in habbitants in the tank. All 5 of the fry i could scrap up are albino which i like so thats good. to be continued...

The main drawback I have found to breeding easy to breed fish is they are difficult to find homes for.
I have a bunch of mollie and platty fry right now and so far no one wants them.
On the other hand I had 9 zebra danios and the local pet store was happy to take them and said he always has room for zebras.
Keep up the log, I find it interesting.

ok then i guess i'll try to keep it up a little better then. heres whats happened since i started the thread. the convict fry have beenm moved around a bit which ended up killing alot of them. i still have about 30 or so and they live in a 10g with my 3 day old mollie fry and 2 ottos. the father of the convicts killed his girl friend and is now in my 29g with 2 silver dollars, a blue gourami, and a 9" pleco. He desnt seem to show any aggression to them im guessing because he's not protecting anything anymore. i have 25+ guppy fry in my 5g and 10 full red albino guppy fry in my 10g. i also have some 1 month old mollie fry in my 29g mollie tank along with one orange lyretail mollie 1 black mollie and 3 silver mollies. i soon hopee to have silver and dalmation mollie babies. oh and for the thing you said about easy to breed fish. i know a few private businesses i can get some money for myu fish from not much but still. i also sell my fish any use he business as last resort. well thats about it.

well the silver molies still have not bred. my convicts are getting bigger along with my mollie fry. i am redesigning my 38g guppy tank. and all the fish from that tank were transfered to my 10g where they got ick. dang it. so far 1 fish died the others seem to be healing. my 38g is empty. and my guppy fry a growing up beautifully. my red ones are showing color and my others are almost there.

Back
Top Bottom