Mystery eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found bunch (at least 30) eggs on the underside of a leaf from an amazon sword and 10 on the top of another. Can someone tell me what fish they're from. I have cories, black neon tetras, pristella tetras and zebra danios. I'm really excited because this will be my first time breeding tropical fish. Thank you :)

Attachments

• image-3511678590.jpg
    image-3511678590.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 53
if the eggs are solid white, they may not hatch. if most of them dont, odds are the corys will lay eggs again

if the eggs are solid white, they may not hatch. if most of them dont, odds are the corys will lay eggs again

There are only about 5 that are solid white and the rest are a whitish tan color. Is that good or bad?

Well, I woke up and found my tetras snacking on them. Now there are only about 15. :(

Other fish will eat the eggs. You could try cutting the leaf off and hiding it in the tank or putting it in one of those mesh breeding containers. Or maybe tying some fishnet around the leaf to keep the tetras out.

Back
Top Bottom