Mystery eggs??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SNorlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, I found these eggs in my tank. Does anyone know what they are? I'm thinking snail? I only have nerite, ramshorn, assassin snails in the tank ( that I am aware of) and these don't look like any of their eggs. See below:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414359976.191952.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414360005.813856.jpg

I have the following fish in my tank:
Betta male
Yoyo loaches (4- not sure of their sexes)
Bristle nose pleco (2- not sure of their sexes)
Harlequin rasboras (12, must have at least one male or one female)
Various danios
Albino cory cats (4 - don't know sexes)

Help please.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh, and 2 left over white cloud minnows ( from a long time ago tank)

I think they might be the Cory cats, what do I do?!?!

MIght be cory eggs. Not snail eggs, for sure. No snails lay eggs like that. If they hatch and you can catch them before the other fish eat them, you might be able to put them in a breeder net or breeder box, if you don't have a separate tank. But with so few eggs, I don't think the chances are high for live fry.

You'd need food for them, very tiny food, newly hatched BBS or maybe microworms, if you do get fry. I've not yet succeeded in raising any fry from eggs, so maybe someone else can tell you more.

I've found more throughout the tank, about 20 in total. I hope its corycats, I just love them. Thanks.

Yeah there corycats for sure there super easy to raise. But you have to move the eggs some where else

If I place them in a separate tank/jar, what will I need to do? Air stone, heat? - what temperature? Do I need to change the water? Should I use tank water ( very low nitrates) for changes? Do I have to use the blue fungus stuff, or can I use any fungal treatment? What about pimafix(pimenta racemosa 1%) or fungus clear fizz tab by jungle? ( only asking because I have these on hand right now). Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've never personally used any medications but you can put them in a spare tank if you have one. I feed mine wardley shrimp pellets and I would suggest something to help with the left over food like snails or shrimp

Thank you so much. :) if I am lucky enough to end up with some fry, I will update with some pictures. My five year old is getting super excited ( I have been cautiously letting her know that they might not "work").

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well, I woke up this morning and found another batch of eggs and said, right let's do this. So this is my setup, hope it works ( leaves are in there because the eggs were on them)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414510618.919371.jpg

I had to use a twist tie to slow down the pump as it was spinning everything in the jug like a whirl wind. Please give me feed back.

I also put the tiniest piece of fungal stuff in there as I didn't have any of that blue stuff.

Yep, they look every similar to cory eggs. I've got several corys overhere as well and they all stick their eggs to the glass or plants...

They didn't hatch. I figured out (I think) that I have 4 females. Lol

Those are definitely Cory eggs, I just had my female scatter eggs in my tank too

Already got another 3 Corys, let's see what my luck is like. :)

Back
Top Bottom