Mystery Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhillieSniper115

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi i recently found a fry in my tank about 3mm long and transparent. It was too small to be a liveberer fry but I wondered if it could be from my Chinese Algae Eater. It was skinny like it but idk were it came from.
A little help please and no I don't have any pictures I tried to put it in a baby saver net but it disappeared in the net.

I'm guessing livebearer... how many CAE's and plecos (# of each) do you have in the tank? I doubt they have spawned though.

meegosh said:
I'm guessing livebearer... how many CAE's and plecos (# of each) do you have in the tank? I doubt they have spawned though.

Well i know for a fact that it wasn't a livebearer it was too small. 2 plecos one cae

With just one CAE, that's not it. It's too small to be a pleco and they don't just swim around. What species of livebearer do you have? If in fact it is too small to be one, the fry or egg/s may have been transported on any plants you may have recently put in the tank.

Although it's small, it probably is a live bearer. It could have been the runt of the litter, and the only one that survived. I've had swordtail fry half the size of a centimeter.

Dylan5359 said:
Although it's small, it probably is a live bearer. It could have been the runt of the litter, and the only one that survived. I've had swordtail fry half the size of a centimeter.

Uh none of my livebearers were pregnant until today I found it last Tuesday

Gillie said:
With just one CAE, that's not it. It's too small to be a pleco and they don't just swim around. What species of livebearer do you have? If in fact it is too small to be one, the fry or egg/s may have been transported on any plants you may have recently put in the tank.

My plants are over 4 months old

That is highly likly a livebearer even if your algae eaters did spawn it wouldnt be one 1/4 of a centimeter is a healthy size for their fry

398008001 said:
That is highly likly a livebearer even if your algae eaters did spawn it wouldnt be one 1/4 of a centimeter is a healthy size for their fry

I think it just came in and died from adding one of my plecos

Back
Top Bottom