Mystery snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jespenguin

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a yellow and black mystery snail in a 5.5 divided tank, one on each side. Well I woke up today with mr black snail on the wrong side, stuck with mr yellow snail. Should I be concerned?

snails are GREAT escape artists. if there is any possible way to cross the divider, they will find it. and as far as them being together, its perfectly fine. they are not aggressive.

What do you mean..."stuck"? Were they mating? =D They do that, as they're not asexual.

I guess it was mating lol It was a snail on a snail. That's the only way I can describe it without getting frowned upon lol

jespenguin said:
I guess it was mating lol It was a snail on a snail. That's the only way I can describe it without getting frowned upon lol

The only bad thing about that is if they reproduce, since theybare different color, they are gunna have some ugly babys.

I have a similar situation.. Someone said that the baby snails will almost always turn out dark colored.. I have 5 snails and I am hoping for some eggs to appear soon.
:D

jespenguin said:
They eat the algae off of eachother also, well that's what mines did before they died,my mbuna kept messing with them and they wouldn't come out their shells to eat nomore,but they could be breeding,never know,goodluck....

Back
Top Bottom