Mystery snail clutch laid, but question on guppies and bushnose tank-mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dj3stripes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Finally, after months of hoping, my snails have laid a clutch on the door of my tank. It isn't directly under a light but it's warm and humid. My guppies recently had a few fry as well. I keep a pleco in the tank. Should I remove any of the aforementioned fish before the clutch hatches? This is in a 10 gal tank with 6 adult guppies, and the bushnose.

The clutch was laid not but 24 hours ago and from what I've read incubation is 2 weeks? Thank you

Hello,

I believe the Apple snail babies should do alright, the other fish shouldn't bother them nothing the less eat them.

Depending on what species of apple snail you have and what the tank temp is, it will take around 2-4 weeks

they're just mystery snails (gold, red, and black/purple) I keep the water around 82 Fahrenheit. Thanks for the quick reply. Do you breed your shrimp? I love ghost shrimp

Yes I do, I have 1 Ghost shrimp pregnant and I believe 1 Red Cherry shrimp pregnant (I think I have a few CRS baby shrimp surviving somewhere, but I don't know where :p )

thanks pam, the pleco has me nervous but we'll see how it goes. I tried a clutch off of ebay once, and it was right at the beginning of winter so i think it was slightly spoiled though I did notice some lil tiny guys hatching........then like an idiot i cleaned my tank a few days later.........

well, the clutch was sliding down the door, so i decided to put it into a tupperware. The tupperware has a moist paper towl, and is sealed to lock in humidity. It is floating on the water. Somebody decided to lay another clutch a day later! I now have two! Am I doing this correctly? How long after they hatch should i set them free into the tank?

Back
Top Bottom