Mystery snail eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a quick question. My mystery snail laid a cluster of eggs that are attached to the aquarium hood. Do I need to anything special and if I leave them will the Gouramis eat the baby snails. I removed two previous clusters but we want to keep these babies so we can put them in our pond. Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Just make sure the eggs stay moist (BUT NOT WET). They need to hatch in the open air, but can't dry out, basically.

I will leave them where they are. Let nature take it's course.

Sounds good. Usually the snails will lay their eggs in what they find is a good location. You just have to be careful not to let the water level change (up or down) for any long period, etc.

The tank they are in is pretty tight. I never have a problem with evaporation. Now the waiting begins. My brother in law has a 55g tank we are going to stock them in until the weather is warm enough. Then, into the pond they go. Hopefully, the bass in the pond don't eat too many of them.

You can get a tupperware dish, put a sponge in there like the one in your filter, put water halfway up the sponge (sponge is laid lengthwise), and set the egg clutch on top of the sponge, while floating the tupperware.

Back
Top Bottom