Nearly due ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ianant

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys 'n dolls, Just a quick question as i dont want to stress my Mamma Guppy ! By my calculations she's roughly 27 days into Her Mamma-hood, and she has been seeking a bit of r & r in the plants, still quite happy to feed tho', do you think it's time for the breeding trap or should i give her another day or so ??? :confused:

I dont trap mine till they are hanging out near the heater or hovering over the exact same location for atleast a few hours. Also if you can see it, her baby dropping spot will be a little pushed out and will throb or pulse when she is getting real close. ( I have a 60x-100x magnifying glass w/ light to sex my fry and noticed this when watching a few different girls go into labor.)

My Female looks as you describe but only staying in one place until another fish disturbs her. I put her into the trap for approx 1 hour this evening but she was acting as tho' she was panicing and getting stressed so i thought the best thing to do was allow her back into the main tank, was i right to do this ?
Looks as tho' i'm gonna have to be extra vigllant and keep a very close eye on her putting her in as soon as i see her dropping...

Well that didn't go to plan, Woke this morning to find she'd dropped overnight in the main tank !!! spent 6 hours this morning " On a Mission " Managed to get all but 2 into the B/trap a very respectable count of 29. Whoo Hoo ! :D:D:D
Some piccies of the new Arrivals...

Attachments

• Mamma & fry 004.jpg
    Mamma & fry 004.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 58
  • Mamma & fry 005.jpg
    Mamma & fry 005.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Mamma & fry 006.jpg
    Mamma & fry 006.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Mamma & fry 007.jpg
    Mamma & fry 007.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
Nice colors!!!!

yeah I overfeed my guppy tank incase they drop when I am not around, as of last evening the survival count was 15, they are too big to eat now, maybe 5-6 days old. Only ones with color are my male half blacks.

These were approximately 9hrs old, the mother is a really nice looking Blonde ( But don't tell the Missus ! ) lol. dont know what colour the Daddy was so gotta wait for colouration...

Aquarium1, I feed them to my bigger more aggressive fish. I usually keep 2 boys and 1 girl from each drop for future breeding but when the buyers arent buying the fish are eating.

Back
Top Bottom