need advice about mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juanrivas16

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am geting some mollies for one of my tank, it would be great if someone could give me advice about breeding caring etc.

if you have both male and female in the tank eventually the will breed and the female will become pregnant and give birth after 28 days. From there you either need to have a lot plants fake or live to protect the fries from the adult. or you can move them to a fries tank with a sponge filter driven by an air pump.

khoifish89 said:
next question do you have mollies. the ratio is 2 or 3 female to every 1 male. and then nature will takes it course.

No, i am geting them in a few days

it has been awhile since i took care of mollies and i do not know the sign of a pregnant mollies but i am assuming that it will be some what similar to guppies. if you want to know how a pregnant mollies look like google is your best friend.

I finally got my mollies 2 males and 8 females, thanks for the advice

I think 2 of the females gave birth last night because they are very slim compared to yesterday, now the problem is finding the babies in my planted tank, they could be hiding at any place, the ornaments, plants, gravel,etc

I think 2 of the females gave birth last night because they are very slim compared to yesterday, now the problem is finding the babies in my planted tank, they could be hiding at any place, the ornaments, plants, gravel,etc

either that or the female poop because it happen sometime with my female guppies.

Okay now it really gave birth she is very very slim and weak. should i put her in another tank so she recovers?

Another Molly is giving birth right now (marbled Molly) I will be sure to put the fry in the fry tank

Back
Top Bottom