Need help is my Mollies pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone tell me if leaving the temperature at 30C is good for pregnant mollies if not what temperature should I have it at?
Will this make them drop faster and help the fry inside the mother grow quicker?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You may want to raise it to about 82 degrees F that's what I kept my mollies at.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ahh ok thanks I had mine at 30C but I'm guessing that's too high for them
What would be the best temp to keep them at?

Also would feeding them twice a day be better for them and help them drop?

Yeah that's true but it feels like I've been waiting over a month or so :/
I really so hope they drop soon...

I feed my momma twice a day. She inhales the food. I don't know if it will help her drop any sooner, but she is loving the brine shrimp for her afternoon feeding. I want her to be happy and healthy so she drops when she's ready.

I feed my momma twice a day. She inhales the food. I don't know if it will help her drop any sooner, but she is loving the brine shrimp for her afternoon feeding. I want her to be happy and healthy so she drops when she's ready.

Alright thanks do you think I should feed them something that has a bit more protein in it?
Also can you help me out with the temp? I don't know what to keep it at...
Thanks!

I keep mine around 76-78. I was looking for a set temp, but couldn't find anything specific either way. I think the best thing is to keep it stable somewhere between 75-82.

I keep mine around 76-78. I was looking for a set temp, but couldn't find anything specific either way. I think the best thing is to keep it stable somewhere between 75-82.

Ahhh ok thanks I've got mine at 28C or around there is that fine?
Also about the food? Should I feed them with something that has a bit more protein in it?

28C is probably ok. I wouldn't go any higher than that. For food. They need a good variety. So a multi flake is good then supplement with brine shrimp or blood worms. I choose frozen over fresh so as to not introduce live parasites.

28C is probably ok. I wouldn't go any higher than that. For food. They need a good variety. So a multi flake is good then supplement with brine shrimp or blood worms. I choose frozen over fresh so as to not introduce live parasites.

Ok thanks ive started feeding them granule food is that good for them or not?
I also feed them stuff like brine shrimp and daphnia once a week is that fine?

Also is it true that the mollies stomachs will be round ish when they are first pregnant and then it will start becoming sqaurer when they are closer to dropping?

Also is it true that the mollies stomachs will be round ish when they are first pregnant and then it will start becoming sqaurer when they are closer to dropping?

Yes. This is true. The square shape will extend towards their anal fin and you will definitely notice when they have "squared off".

Ok thanks ive started feeding them granule food is that good for them or not?

I also feed them stuff like brine shrimp and daphnia once a week is that fine?

Granule is fine if it has a mix of protein and veggies. I would increase the brine shrimp to at least three times a week. I feed mine flakes in the morning and brine shrimp in the afternoon. Daily.

Yes. This is true. The square shape will extend towards their anal fin and you will definitely notice when they have "squared off".

Alright thanks alot ive uploaded pictures can you tell me which is the most pregnant and how soon she will drop and can you tell me from my picture which one is sqaured off

Granule is fine if it has a mix of protein and veggies. I would increase the brine shrimp to at least three times a week. I feed mine flakes in the morning and brine shrimp in the afternoon. Daily.

Oh ok i didnt think granule was good for them when i started feeding it to them i didnt see much difference :s maybe i will feed them brine shrimp today. i have only 2 cubes left i need to get some more brine shrimp though :/

Attachments

• IMG_5619.jpg
    IMG_5619.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5632.jpg
    IMG_5632.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5624.jpg
    IMG_5624.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5631.jpg
    IMG_5631.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 37
Both fish appear to be within a week of squaring off. The second fish, third picture is closer to squaring off. You can see her tummy elongating towards her anal fin. She should square off in the next few days, then could drop anytime. Make sure you feed her at least twice a day and keep water params good.

Both fish appear to be within a week of squaring off. The second fish, third picture is closer to squaring off. You can see her tummy elongating towards her anal fin. She should square off in the next few days, then could drop anytime. Make sure you feed her at least twice a day and keep water params good.

Ok thanks for the advice but i thought that the one in the first 2 pictures had already squared off it been like that for quite a while and havent seen any chance to their stomachs :S

Hopefully i do see some changes in the fishes i have been waiting quite a while for these guys to release fry at one point i felt like giving up:(

Believe it or not, they will get more square. I know it's killing me to wait too!

Oh right I thought that was it because on one of the fish you can really see the boxed shaped but that hasn't changed for a while and is acting normal so I didn't think she was pregnant and was going to drop anytime soon...
I know tell me about it :/

Back
Top Bottom