Need help is my Mollies pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright thanks alot but i've notice that when i feed them they get more boxed shaped and their stomachs get bigger but then in the morning when i check them the boxness has decreased to how it was before i feed them (if that makes sense)

Also 1 of the females out of this group keeps chasing the other two females when it comes in sight what should i do about this?

should i be concerned?

I was saying that they got bigger because of the food

so should i feed the more often or no and any other way i could make them drop fry quicker?

I'm doing something wrong that's making them not release their fry?

so should i feed the more often or no and any other way i could make them drop fry quicker?

I'm doing something wrong that's making them not release their fry?

When I fed more often to my molly she gave birth quite soon so I would suggest it but I'm not sure if you should do it with yours.

I doubt that there's anything you're doing wrong, sometimes mollies don't feel safe enough to release their fry. Don't worry, she will drop soon.

I'd say that the first molly (mostly black) will release first as she looks the biggest XD but the others will follow soon after that. Not sure though.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Yeah I don't know if me feeding them often will make her drop quicker, whenever I feed them there stomachs just become bigger.
Hopefully they do or I might just put them back in the community tank...they are taking forever

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can anyone tell me how far are these fish from dropping?

Attachments

• IMG_5504.jpg
    IMG_5504.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5508.jpg
    IMG_5508.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5509.jpg
    IMG_5509.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5518.jpg
    IMG_5518.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 46
I have don't have any hiding space for my mollies to give birth is that a problem?
Will they still give birth?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

they are livebearers and have been revealed to a male so youve got a 99% chance that they are! normal gestation period is 4 weeks.

can anyone help answer my question?

Ideally some hiding places will be best. Not sure if hiding places is a must.

My planted tank offers a ton of places. 3 of my mollies have had fry and they love hanging around the java moss and the tall plants. :fish2:

they are livebearers and have been revealed to a male so youve got a 99% chance that they are! normal gestation period is 4 weeks.

Thanks i do think they are pregnant but im not too sure as they are taking forever to release fry thats why i think they may just be fat :/

Can we see a pic of your tank

Sure i've uploaded a picture have a look

Ideally some hiding places will be best. Not sure if hiding places is a must.

My planted tank offers a ton of places. 3 of my mollies have had fry and they love hanging around the java moss and the tall plants. :fish2:

I do have quite alot of plants espeically 1 bush plant which is the hornwort and i also have Anacharis which im still waiting to grow a bit more.
The only hiding space in my tank i can think of is inside the hornwort plant but i dont think thats a great hiding place

Attachments

• IMG_5595.jpg
    IMG_5595.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 43
They should give birth ok but the fry might get eaten

why would they get eaten as ive got hornwort plants in there wouldnt they hide in there?

Also how could i create a hiding place for my fish and fry?

Also will feeding them twice a day help them drop fry?

And what temperature should I keep the water at when the mollies are pregnant?

because right now the temperture of the water is around 30C

Back
Top Bottom