need help. Peppermint breeding tanks?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honey-lovin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody.

I find myself in need of advice once again. this time it is regarding breeding of peppermint bristlenose. I currently have a stand that is 205cm long and want to buy 3 tanks for my peppermints I plan to house 3 trios in 3 tanks with the dimensions of exactly 66cm L by 30cm W by 35cm H with a volume of 69 liters...

my question is:

will this size tank be too small to house and breed a full grown trio of peppermints in.

the tanks will be made up to suit the stand due to convenience... That is if everybody thinks the trios will breed in such a tank.

I plan to have a large sponge filter and an 600L/PH internal filter with spray bar attached for filtration.

Also do you think this is too much or too little filtration.

Thank you very much for reading.

any ideas people? im needing to get the peppermints split up soon so any advice or thoughts would be very welcomed.

thanks again

Tank volume is really small for 3 adult pep's. I use a tank about twice that size for a trio of super red BN (smaller than pep's) and their fry. I leave the fry in the breeding tank until they reach 1" or more, then move them into other tanks for further growout.

thank you for your insight todd,

I only came up with the idea because of convenience and the fact that I breed common bristlenose trios in 50 litre tanks.

if you are sure that 70 litre tanks will be too small then I shall rethink.

Thank you again.

thank you for your insight todd,

I only came up with the idea because of convenience and the fact that I breed common bristlenose trios in 50 litre tanks.

if you are sure that 70 litre tanks will be too small then I shall rethink.

Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom