New and Freaking out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys, thank you all for the....thoughts. I will take them into consideration, and try to better my aquarium skills.
By the by, I'm a girl, just so you know....being called he is a tad bit insulting.

-Jessica

o5otato5o said:
i agree with what your saying but theres adviseing and theres being downright rude when i first setup i was acused of cruelty as i had a red tale shark in 41 litre i was given no information at the LFS i regards to overall size within a week ov knowing i had a new tank at 166 litre bare in mind the shark is still only 1 1/2 inch

Ik how you feel I posted about a 1 gallon tank and ask if a tetra would be okay in it ooohhhhh boy I never herd the end of it. Im new at all this I didn't know. But now I do. Lol. So when I give advice I make sure to not be rude bc there was a time I didn't know anything.

boadams87 said:
Well with him being a newbie, he can only go by what the LFS told him. Alot of people do rely on them because their suppose to know what they are doing. Everyone of use has made this type of mistake. So b4 u judge him remember you were here at one time.

Agree!

Hobgob said:
Well yet could have been like you dumb person research before you by. Just like any pet. You need to research. I think the responses are not rude considering there is a lot that could have been said. They are just saying facts and things that NEED to be done.

Now that's rude!

Guys, thank you all for the....thoughts. I will take them into consideration, and try to better my aquarium skills.
By the by, I'm a girl, just so you know....being called he is a tad bit insulting.

-Jessica

You'd be amazed at how often I'm called "dude"..... not like my user name gives away my gender or anything..... :rolleyes:

Please stop posting about being rude, it's not part of the topic, people are only trying to help, we're a friendly community! :)

Thanks for the advice guys. As some have you said, I'm a casual newbie, so I didn't know what I was doing. Buut I have taken the steps nessicary (from your guys' advice) to make a new and proper home for my fish.

-Jessica

I'm so glad you're sticking with it :) it is a little frustrating at first, but keeping fish is so much fun, especially livebearers, as you've already found out!

NimbusPrime said:
Thanks for the advice guys. As some have you said, I'm a casual newbie, so I didn't know what I was doing. Buut I have taken the steps nessicary (from your guys' advice) to make a new and proper home for my fish.

-Jessica

I'm glad. I'm a newbie too! They all were once too! Making mistakes is all apart of learning. Best of luck to you and your fish!

Welcome to AA NimbusPrime. Im somewhat new here myself. Glad u didnt get frustrated and give up as alot of people tend to do.
GOOD LUCK!!! and remember the only stupid question is the one not asked :)

Hi yes all terribly confusing at first and unfortuantly all to many mistakes are made,i know i made more than my fare share:oops: We all do things differently and learn in our own way,as long as you are trying and learning as each day passes you are getting there:) also well said cichlid kid 'The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked'(y)

Back
Top Bottom