Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2005, 12:30 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

new blue ram wrigglers, pleae help first time!

This is my (and my fishs fisrts successful spawn that I know of. I took the parents out of the planted tank right before the female started dropping. I sent the parents home because everytime before, the eggs got funus and they ate them. This time, I keept them there fore a while, then put the stone with the eggs on it in a jar at the top of the aquarium with some light air stone. To combat the fungus, I used hydrogen peroxide. Anyway, as I just got home and saw all of the eggs white, I began to dose the hydrogen peroxide again, then noticed the fry.

Please give me a step by step process. The only food I have right now is omega one flakes and osi brine shrimp flakes. Help me!

Thanks,

Kevin

Old 04-06-2005, 01:39 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I thought the parents ate the eggs with fungus to keep it from spreading?? At least that is what my German Rams have done. You should try leaving them with the eggs next time if you can, just to see what happens. Since they've started spawning, I am sure you will have some more batches in case this one doesn't work out. It is really a trial and error for the parents but it is so much fun to watch them be parents. (btw, the first batch of eggs were eaten by my pair because I think they weren't fertilized properly and the parents didn't know what to do)

Also, the eggs that were layed between my pair were never white so I am not sure what to tell you. They were more brownish and once the fry started developing inside, the "shell" lost its color and the fry became dark spots. This was over a 48 hour period and toward the end their tails were sticking out and finally they hatched.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:36 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

This is actually the fifth batch of eggs. I never removed them from the community tank before this one. That is why I believe they have been eating the eggs. The eggs were not white to begin with, I ment after all the fry hatched, the eggs became translucent. For this batch, I didnt ant to see another batch of these go down the tube, so I will be artificially rearing them. The pair spans every month around the 1st. Almost like clock work. I will be letting the parents stay with the eggs/fry the next few times to see hat happens, I just wanted some fry for sure this time.

I am looking for any advice or resources that anyone has found helpful/ had success with.

Thank you

Kevin
Old 04-09-2005, 12:19 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

First day of free swimming fry. I think I am seeing them nibble on the smallests bits of firtst bites.

Any experiences or recomendations on a timeline basis is appreciated.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

i have noticed with mine that it looks like they are eating the eggs,but they are actually moving the hatched wigglers.

Tags
blue ram, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com