New Breeding setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chaik

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'd like to start breeding fish and am looking for advice what should I start with and general tips.

Research. Youtube videos. Etc. What are you wanting to breed? There are tons of different methods depending on what you want to breed.

Check out https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMicroreef Mark has videos on setups from start to finish for A LOT of different fish.

Thank you I'm looking to start with something simple to get the hang of things. Debating if I should start with live bearers like guppies or swordtails. I would eventually like to breed small tetras in particular the bloodfin. I heard they aren't too hard to breed but I want to start slow.

I have platies and previously had mollies. With livebearers it's just a matter of females outnumbering the ma. Just having them in the tank will make them breed. Try to not overstock the tank, they will have fry every month.
I also hear minnows are easy to breed. They don't need a heater either. White cloud minnows are cute and pretty cheap to buy.

Back
Top Bottom