Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

New fry fount on driftwood but I think it's abit scared/stressed ?

So just had my partners parent round helping me out with a few things with the house , and my partners dad has found a baby fry hiding on the driftwood so managed to catch it and put it in the breeder box with my other 1 baby fry which will be 2weeks old tomorrow , I think it's abit scared as it's not swimming around as much as my first one but is abit smaller aswell about a couple of days to a week old I would say , I've put some food in there but also think it could be stressed as my partner done a water change last night , could this fry possibly be from my mummy guppie? As I've been told they can still drop fries even after they have delivered their first lot ? It also looks abit darker than my first guppie , could this possibly still be a guppy fry because I haven't really noticed and other fish being pregnant? ( will try to upload a pic soon )

Old 04-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Also I will be purchasing a little tank for them to go in soon

Old 04-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

OMG just saw another baby fry on the bottom of the tank which just went and hide under the driftwood and I don't no what fish is having them argggggghhhh this is a nightmare as I wanna save it but I scared to put my hand in the tank , I don't deal with these things my partner does
Old 04-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

in my experience, putting my fry in a breeder net just killed them. not sure why. if you're going to move them instead of letting the parents raise them, you'd ideally want to put them in a separate tank.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well there in a breeder box at the moment without the 'v' I will be putting them in a separate tank real soon
Old 04-17-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can add a little Java Moss or Guppy Grass to the breeder box, so the fry have a place to hide. If you add a good clump of Java Moss or other easy dense plant it will give any remaining Fry in the tank a better hiding place.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coursair View Post
You can add a little Java Moss or Guppy Grass to the breeder box, so the fry have a place to hide. If you add a good clump of Java Moss or other easy dense plant it will give any remaining Fry in the tank a better hiding place.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay , thanks

Tags
care, drift, driftwood, fry, new fry, red, scared, stress, wood

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com