New guppy strain? What do I do with the fry???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorDogs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I had this cool image of a guppy I wanna breed. I was wondering what do I do with all the fry that I won't be using as breeders?

Also, what would happen if I bred two solid colored guppies? Will they take toward only one parent or will it be both colors scattered throughout out the fish?

it takes years to develop a strain that is going to breed true. I have been trying to develop a chocolatechip wavey red rim tail mollie,with a long dorsalfin for two years. I have some. Now I have to get them to breed true. You have to start with virgin stock. Colors that already breed true. I started with wild Mexican green cave mollies and pure black fancytail male guppies. Now I have a few males and females that I need. two years to get to this point. A long way to go yet. Every thing depends on the gene pool that it took to get the guppy strain to breed true. Example green swordtails are the true strain. You only have the different color swords be cause they were crossed with the platy to develop different color swordtails.

While it is in mind, it all sounds really cool to me. The genetics, what's going to happen if these two breed, and all the cuteness to come!!!! I'm pretty hyped to try. For me I wanna start with neon blue tux guppies I want to breed a few some stuff for the right color I want before I continue

Also that sounds really cool!!!! Although I only got bits and pieces of the names they sound awesome! May I see a picture of one?

Back
Top Bottom