new kind of betta barraks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skyler1354

Aquarium Advice Regular
this will hold 46 male bettas, and water constantly circulating. each section stands only 8 inches tall, 4 inches wide, and 6 inches deep. the entire structure 4 feet long, 2 feet deep, and 8 inches tall. it has a compacity of 19.948 gallons ( so 20 gallons) and .83 gallons to each fish. it has a sump in the actual enclosure and that takes up one section. another would be used for the pump, which shouldnt be that big anyways. here are some drawings i made. i want to get into betta breeding and i get the legistics of it, but what would i build this out of?
untitled1.JPG

untitled.JPG

thoughts, comment's? :huh:

Oh my gosh! I wouldn't even know where to start with that. It seems very complicated, an interesting. Did you design it yourself?

I don't want to discourage since I'd love to see it in action, but it may not be worth it. It sounds like it's for betta breeding and most breeders use a different setup that's probably a lot cheaper:

attachment.php

misc_articles_betta_farm05.jpg

yes sir! i was in biology and i got the asignment done early and was bored. so i was thinking of a sump, and they have diffrent compartments, so i thought this would work.

my thoughts were its alot easier to move the water this way, and i could filter all the compartments. my thoughts : better water quality=better and faster growing fish. and for a 15 year old who is very involved in theater, church, and school, i need something that needs minimum matinince and it would be easy to clean

Yeah the water quality thing is great about this setup. Are you planning on breeding Bettas?

Wow, thats a really smart design for a 15 year old. I have no idea what you would Make it out of though.

i was thinking about it, and i was thinking maybe acrylic or plywood, but i dont know how much acrylic is and i dont know how to make a plywood tank. hmmm

You could do something like this with a 40b, some glass from lowes and some silicone. Like I said, it won't be very cost efficient, but it would work.

I'd say you'll need several for betta breeding.

I would advise against breeding betta since it's pretty labor intensive.

well ive been breeding guppies for 3 years now, and i understand that. i actually supply a local fish store with guppies. i have 5 tanks running, and i know i could do it if i put my mind to it

well ive been breeding guppies for 3 years now, and i understand that. i actually supply a local fish store with guppies. i have 5 tanks running, and i know i could do it if i put my mind to it
I am sure you could. Breeding bettas is not as easy as breeding guppies however. Let us know what you decide on for the barracks.

That's pretty cool that you supply a lfs with guppies! So if you bought some, your just buying your own back! Lol

Back
Top Bottom