New Live Bearer breeding rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Fisher

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So got a wild hair and deicded to throw up a rack with a breeding and fry tank on each level.

I'm going to use 2.5 Gallon tanks for the breeding and 5.5 for fry. I picked up a few tanks, shelf, filters and some airline today. Going to be using an old 700GPH piston pump I ad laying around to power everything.

I figure this set up will help me two fold. Higher fry survival rate and I can selectively breed as opposed to having the breeding going on in my community tanks.

So far I know I'll be doing Blue Moscow Guppies and Japanese Blue endlers. Trying to think of some more things to do.

I'd like to try a 2.5 brackish tank for breeding nerite snails and Amano shrimp.

It's not much but its a start of organizing my fishroom as I get more serious.

rxcH4Mm.jpg

also thinking about rurrning pvc down it for air, I hate all those hoses everywhere.

I'd also breed platys, RCS, zebra danios, and Least Killies. All easy to breed and raise. Plus RCS can make you a lot of money, and they're probably one of the easiest shrimp to breed since they don't have a microscopic larval stage, they hatch into mini adults basically.

I'd also breed platys, RCS, zebra danios, and Least Killies. All easy to breed and raise. Plus RCS can make you a lot of money, and they're probably one of the easiest shrimp to breed since they don't have a microscopic larval stage, they hatch into mini adults basically.

Thanks for the ideas! I have a small RCs tank now which I was considering expanding.

Bout to check out those least killies.

I'm fish in cycling one tank now, been busy ith countless other things

I have a male and female golden wonder killies I'm trying to rehome if you're interested what I've been told they're very easy to breed female is heavy with eggs at the moment.

I also breed guppies love them. RCS are great I also have some yellows that are doing great!

+1 for the pvc idea good luck!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So far I know I'll be doing Blue Moscow Guppies and Japanese Blue endlers. Trying to think of some more things to do.

You've got a really nice tank set up overthere...

Basically, japanese blue endlers don't exsist! These JB's have been considered being endlers for such a long time but actually they're poecilia reticulata and therefore guppies. Sorry, if I'm ruining this for you... But it's the truth...

I am into the guppy scene for over 40 years now and actively in the endler scene for about 10 years now. But also I have considered JB's to be endlers in the beginning. But it doesn't have any endler DNA. The determination of JB's to be guppies is already known for some years now...

Grtz, "S"

You've got a really nice tank set up overthere...

Basically, japanese blue endlers don't exsist! These JB's have been considered being endlers for such a long time but actually they're poecilia reticulata and therefore guppies. Sorry, if I'm ruining this for you... But it's the truth...

I am into the guppy scene for over 40 years now and actively in the endler scene for about 10 years now. But also I have considered JB's to be endlers in the beginning. But it doesn't have any endler DNA. The determination of JB's to be guppies is already known for some years now...

Grtz, "S"

Thanks!

Yeah I'm aware that JB really aren't poecilla w. it seems that's the name they are most recognized by though.

I'm pretty new to the guppy world but I really do like the look of the different Moscow ones.

I've been breeding endlers for about a year now I guess. I had a great line of tiger endlers that got corrupted when I introduced some fresh blood to the line. (slowly fixing that)

The JB line I'm working with is really good genetics wise. Super flourescent, very healthy, active and the are good breeders.

I want to venture in some of the true N class endlers here soon. As far as I know Adrian Hernandez (AdrianHD) is the only source in the US for documented wild endlers.

I can't wait to get more tanks set up and have dedicated fry tanks. My LFS loves the fish I sell them I just don't have enough, which I guess is a good problem to have :dance:

but yeah no offense taken on the correction.

Overhere some JB's from my tanks...

Attachments

• fish stan ea5 074.jpg
    fish stan ea5 074.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 79
  • fish stan ea1 110.jpg
    fish stan ea1 110.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 75
  • fish stan ea1 128.jpg
    fish stan ea1 128.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 2013_0127merchandise40008_zpsa15b4e6d.jpg
    2013_0127merchandise40008_zpsa15b4e6d.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 63
Overhere some JB's from my tanks...

Stunningly beautiful fish you have :cool:

I like the larger black spot on ours and the hints of red.

As soon as I get these tanks cycled I plan to add some pictures. I really need to update my photos I use for ebay as well.

Any secrets to getting a great photo of the fish?

I can't wait to get more tanks set up and have dedicated fry tanks. My LFS loves the fish I sell them I just don't have enough, which I guess is a good problem to have :dance:

but yeah no offense taken on the correction.

About time to expand your number of tanks, I guess... :)

I have 30 different strains of endlers overhere (N-, K- and P-class).
And yes, I can absolutely imagine the enthusiasm when it comes to keeping and breeding these fish... So, keep up the good job, Mr Fischer... (y)(y)

Thanks, more tanks will be on the way very soon. I try to use money I make from selling fish to purchase new tanks and equipment. Makes the wife happy when my hobby doesn't cut into the family budget.

I started with endlers kind of on accidient and really do love them now. Their are so many wonderful natural ones and hybrids.

I'm reading your website now, very interesting and enjoyable read. Thanks for your contributions to the guppy world and for taking the time to make your website!

Overhere a japanese blue red fin lyretail guppies and full blue moscow

Attachments

• ea gup4 dglz.jpg
    ea gup4 dglz.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 71
  • ea gup25 dglz.jpg
    ea gup25 dglz.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 78
  • ea gup26 dglz.jpg
    ea gup26 dglz.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 63
  • ea gup12 dglz.jpg
    ea gup12 dglz.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 75
Thanks for going through my website. But I haven't posted every strain of livebearers that I have at home on my website yet. I've purchased and got some new strains as a gift the past three weeks during the livebearer show in Holland, a livebearer show in Germany and this past weekend an aquaterra event in Belgium.

Need to find some time to update my website...

Below some pics of full blue moscow and a male roundtail moscow filigran.

Attachments

• ea gup33 dglz.jpg
    ea gup33 dglz.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 82
  • ea gup30 dglz.jpg
    ea gup30 dglz.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 73
  • ea gup39 dglz.jpg
    ea gup39 dglz.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 67
You blue moscows are amazing, as are the others. Here's a picture of my little blue moscow fry.

eMcGdF4.jpg

I've got 7 of them. I bought them from a reputable gentlemen I've worked with for a while. Supposedly they are from the 2012 IFGA champion blue moscows. I'm enjoying watching them grow. Feeding a diet of golden pearls, babay brine shrimp and crushed egg flake. They seem to be growing rather quickly.

Here's one of my JB I want to isolate for breeding. He has a blue to purplish hue and a more unique tail

NV2X0Ey.jpg

Well, you mean that JB male with the lyretail (doublesword in this case...)? I've a got a bunch of those overhere... I love shorttails and lyretails with endlers and guppies...

Well, hopefully those blue moscow offspring will grow up to fullsized guppies... Really fun to see them develop.

To put it like this: I'm still amazed that I'm still amazed watching how fry will develop to adult fish... :wink: It remains fascinating...!

Well, you mean that JB male with the lyretail (doublesword in this case...)? I've a got a bunch of those overhere... I love shorttails and lyretails with endlers and guppies...

Well, hopefully those blue moscow offspring will grow up to fullsized guppies... Really fun to see them develop.

To put it like this: I'm still amazed that I'm still amazed watching how fry will develop to adult fish... :wink: It remains fascinating...!

Yes, the double sword. They are fairly rare in the JB's over here. JB's on a whole are rare here. I usually sell what I list on ebay within a couple of hours and my LFS will buy as many as I can provide.

I hope to move the guppy fry into one of my 2.5 tanks in the next couple of weeks. I know the water in the hang on breeder box is not ideal.

Back
Top Bottom